Career Seminar Topics
Ford R. Myers has presented to organizations of all sizes, in every field and at all professional levels. Below is a sampling of speaking topics, along with brief descriptions of each.
“On behalf of our Officers and Board Members, I would like to thank you for all your preparation for today’s seminar. It was obvious that you spent considerable time and effort to create a meaningful and informative presentation. Many of the attendees told me how much they learned from the program!”
– Susan Morris, Non-Profit Professional
Click the links below to view descriptions of each career presentation:
Career expert and author Ford R. Myers will show you exactly how to leverage these 10 powerful strategies and move your career forward – no matter what level you’ve already achieved in your profession, and whether you’re currently working or not!
For the purposes of this presentation, we look at negotiation as a game. And as with any game, we can’t win if we don’t know the rules! This is a very practical, “real world” program that focuses on mastering the rules of the salary negotiation game – a game that can actually be fun, as well as financially rewarding!
Participants will learn how to:
- Dramatically improve the results of their negotiations, and command much higher compensation
- Dispel the myths and misconceptions that most candidates believe about salary negotiation
- Position your negotiating ability as a strength and an asset to your prospective employer
- Master the “21 Rules of the Game” in negotiating your compensation
- Leverage the most important, yet most simple, formula to prepare for negotiations
- Use the specific phrases and behaviors that consistently produce outstanding negotiation results
- Align your career accomplishments with the employer’s need and problems for a “win-win” outcome
- Successfully negotiate any and all elements of the job offer
- Assess the real value of a job offer, and choose between multiple offers
- Prevent the employer from using your old salary to limit your future compensation
- How to land a good job in the midst of an economic crisis
- How to address the realities of this job market with real-world, actionable steps
- How to see this economic downturn as a positive career opportunity
- How to seize on job opportunities that aren’t posted yet
- How to make yourself an instant asset to potential employers
- How to clearly stand-out as the best candidate
- How to “recession-proof” your career for the long term
- And much more …
Join career expert and speaker Ford R. Myers, while he maps the new world of job search and reveals essential strategies for your career success!
How will your maximize your chances for success in the new job, and minimize your chances of failure? How will you offer the highest level of contribution to the new organization? How will you establish a positive and productive relationship with your new boss? How will you build strong and effective teams? How will you align with the company’s main business goals and priorities? How will you continue learning, and expanding your positive impact at work?
These questions, and others like them, could “make or break” your next position – so it’s vitally important to consider these topics “ahead of time” and prepare for the launch of the rest of your career. Don’t wait! Join us for this interactive workshop, during which we will discuss all the issues above, and set you up for success in your next position.
- Worst job market and economy in decades
- Massive layoffs, tenuous jobs, slashed budgets
- Higher business expectations with fewer resources
- Greater job anxiety, pressure and stress
But once you land the job you want, what can you do to continue overcoming these challenges, and make sure the job you got becomes the job you love? What are the strategies that will make you indispensible to your new employer?
There are many proven techniques that will ensure the highest likelihood of retention in your new role. It all starts with taking care of yourself and your job – in ways you might not have thought of.
By understanding and identifying your transferable (portable) skills, your new career can become a reality! In this seminar, you will:
- Complete assessments to gain clarity about your passions, talents and work values
- Examine your work history, volunteer work, interests, hobbies and other life experiences to identify your transferable skills
- Gain information on the top skills necessary in today’s job market
- Examine best ways to market transferable skills through key career documents and in your presentation to potential employers
- Learn what employers are really seeking in job candidates, and what careers are in most demand
- Understand what constitutes a transferable skill through the eyes of an employer
- Review John Holland’s career model to gain clarity about your personality type as it relates to the current job market
- Learn about online resources that help you identify transferable skills, along with key industries in which to find jobs
- Incorporate key, transferable skills into your resume
- Utilize recommended tools to further assist with identifying and leveraging transferable skills